The new year is always an exciting time in fashion, marking the time to reassess your wardrobe and find out what the hot new trends are for the coming year. Here are our top five predictions for what we’ll all be working in 2017.
1. Stripes Stripes come in and out of fashion, but this year they’ll be everywhere – not just on Breton-style T-shirts but on skirts and wide legged trousers, too.
2. Trainers Flats are in and the most fashion-forward choice is a pair of trainers. No-one can ever have enough pairs, but this year’s updates include satin, glitter and leopard print, giving you the perfect excuse to buy more. White trainers are definitely out and embellished trainers are definitely in. Backless mules with a low heel are also part of the new trend towards stylish comfort.
3. Artistic inspiration Whether that’s graphic and painterly prints or strongly directional shapes, the top designers have been showcasing their artistic inspirations with designers like Celine, Valentino and Marni using their favourite painters as inspiration for their collections.
4. A new denim silhouette Stretch jeggings and skinny jeans are definitely out. Instead in 2017, we’ll be wearing more relaxed vintage styles and finishes, with reliable fashion barometer Alexa Chung predicting the return of the super low cut hipster jean.
5. Relaxed elegance The trend for elegant dressing inspired by athletic wear will continue, so get ready to pair a classic white shirt with your yoga pants. Vogue recommend choosing pieces that mix function and fashion, accessorised with sunglasses and a leather jacket, in a monochrome pallet.
One thing that never goes out of fashion is quality and whatever you buy it makes sense to invest in the best you can afford. Take a look at the label – not only will it give you valuable information about the garment, but the label itself can be an indication of quality. Woven labels with a high-density weave give an impression of luxury – think of the Chanel label, which is a design classic. Woven labels for designer clothes are designed to tell you everything about the brand, so always choose your labels with care when you’re updating your wardrobe for 2017!
Telephone: +44 (0)116 3183121
Mobile: +44 (0) 7823800552